Mobile Website Design
A mobile website is specifically designed to display on smart phones. Due to the constraints of screen size and data transmission, mobile websites typically offer users less text, fewer graphics and navigation items than a typical “full” or “desktop” website. All Back40 Design mobile websites are maintained through our proprietary content management system, Javelin CMS. Portfolio
Our Mobile Design Philosophy
When Back40 Design creates a mobile website, we develop a modified version of the client’s desktop website. We prioritize the information that your mobile visitors will want to access quickly and efficiently. Mobile website information should be tailored to three types of mobile website visitors:
- Urgent visitors who need phone numbers or contact information.
- Repeat visitors who browse your website for updates or news.
- Casual visitors who are looking for general information.
By prioritizing the information for the intended users we can create an effective “stripped-down” version of your desktop website. Mobile websites are typically comprised of:
- Large buttons for easy navigation
- High contrast graphics and text
- A “click-to-call” button
- Less text, fewer photos and pages
- Link to full version of website