If you own or operate a business, you know the influence of Google reviews on your online reputation. Positive reviews can increase your credibility and bring in new consumers, whilst negative reviews can harm your reputation and drive away potential customers. But do you know how to manage your Google reviews successfully?
In this post, we’ll review everything you need to know about “My Google Reviews,” from why they’re important to how to reply. By the end of this article, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge and tools you need to make the most of your Google reviews and build a strong online presence for your business.
How to see my Google Reviews?
Have you ever wondered how to see your Google reviews? The simple way to see them without logging into your Google Business Profile (GBP) account is to search in Google using your business name. That will result in a knowledge panel showing up on the right-hand side of your computer screen.
The knowledge panel provides two links that you can click to be shown all of your customer reviews.
You’ll be presented with a lightbox showing all of your business’s reviews when you click the links provided. You can even sort them by.
- Most relevant
- Highest rating
- Lowest rating
How to See My Past Google Reviews?
That’s great for anyone to see a company’s reviews, but as a business owner, you will want to be able to see them and interact with the reviews customers leave you.
In order to do that, in Google Maps, you’ll need to take these steps as outlined below.
The Longer, Harder Way
- Sign in to your Google account: To see your Google reviews, you’ll need to be signed in to the Google account that you used to leave the reviews, or that’s associated with the business page you’re interested in.
- Open Google Maps: Once you’re signed in, go to Google Maps and type the name of the business you want to see reviews for into the search bar.
- Click on the business name: From the search results, click on the business name to open the business page.
- Scroll down to the reviews section: On the business page, scroll down until you see the “Reviews” section.
Luckily it doesn’t have to be that hard starting in 2023 by following the instructions in the next section. It’s a piece of cake to access your business’s Google reviews.
How do I find my Google reviews on Desktop?
With their new control panel, Google has made it easier than ever to access and manage your Google reviews. You will no longer have to browse through many sites to find or respond to your feedback in 2023.
The new control panel makes viewing and responding to Google reviews from a single spot easier and more convenient. Businesses may use this latest innovation to monitor their internet reputation and communicate with customers promptly and effectively. This change is just one of many ways Google continually enhances its user experience and assists businesses in their digital endeavors.
Sign In To Your Google Account
You must be signed in to the Google account that owns or manages your Google Business Profile Manager (GBP) listing in order to access your Google reviews. By doing this first and then searching for your company name, you will see the built-in admin control panel for your GBP listing at the top of the search results page, as illustrated in the image below using the Google Chrome browser.
Read Google Reviews
After clicking on the “Read Reviews” button in the management panel, you’ll again be presented with a lightbox showing all of your business’s reviews.
However, you’ll now have the ability to respond to those customer reviews with the REPLY button
And now the RIGHT A REVIEW button we saw previously when not logged in as a manager (blue button in the top right corner) changes to a GET MORE REVIEWS button that can be used to share in email, Facebook, or copy a link to share with a customer any way you wish.
As you can see, the options change based on whether you access a business profile as a web surfer or as the owner or manager of a Google Business Profile Manager.
How to find my Google reviews on Mobile?
While using the Chrome browser on an Android mobile device, the steps outlined above for desktops are exactly the same, and as you can see in the screenshot below, the control panel is identical on mobile to that on desktop.
When you use a mobile device to visit Google Maps or the Google search results page, the layout may differ slightly from what you see on a desktop computer, but the differences, if any, will be subtle.
It used to be that GBP users could download the Google My Business app for mobile devices. This app allows you to check and respond to your Google reviews, update your business information, and gain insights into how people interact with your business.
However, the Google My Business app for mobile was retired in 2022 in favor of the online system we’ve shown above. Some people may not like the change, but the one big plus is that the GBP listing is now consistent between desktop and mobile devices. Learn on one device, and you’re now the master of all!
Why Are My Google Reviews Not Showing Up?
When it comes to Google reviews not showing up, there are a number of possible reasons that could be causing the issue. Here are some common reasons and explanations for each:
Google Review Bugs
Technical problems: From time to time, Google’s review system may encounter errors or faults that prevent reviews from appearing. If you think this might be the problem, you might want to ask Google’s customer service staff for help.
Evaluation volume: Google’s algorithm may flag dubious reviews as pending evaluation if a company suddenly obtains a large number of them in quick succession when this type of velocity is out of the norm for that business. This is done to stop spam and fraudulent reviews from distorting a company’s reputation.
Restricted or Forbidden Reviews
Reviews that are prohibited or limited must adhere to a set of community criteria established by Google and those that do may be deleted or filtered out. This includes reviews with offensive language, personal attacks, or other material.
Purchased or Phony Google Reviews
Paid or phony reviews: Google has the right to remove or filter away reviews from companies that purchase fake reviews or participate in other unethical review activities. This is done to make sure that reviews correctly reflect actual consumer experiences.
The Use of Expletives in Reviews
Inappropriate language: In order to maintain a welcoming and safe environment for all users, Google may remove or filter out reviews that contain profanity, hate speech, or other objectionable language.
Google Reviews With Links
Links in reviews: Google forbids the inclusion of links inside Google review content. Reviews containing URLs will be screened or manually removed to avoid spam and other harmful content.
Google may remove reviews that seem to be fraudulent or deceptive. For instance, a review that seems to have been submitted by a rival or someone who hasn’t actually been to the place of business may be deleted.
Reviews That Are Pending
Pending Google reviews: It’s possible that some reviews won’t appear right away. This is because it could take some time for Google’s algorithm to confirm the review’s veracity and determine whether it complies with their community guidelines.
Inactive or Unverified Profiles
Unverified or inactive profiles: It could take some time for a review made by someone with an unverified or inactive Google profile to appear. This is due to the possibility that Google’s algorithm considers these profiles to be unreliable.
Duplicate profiles: If more than one profile is made for the same company, Google may delete reviews from those duplicate profiles to prevent the total rating of the company from being tainted.
Newly Established Businesses
Businesses that have recently started: It can take some time for Google to construct a page for the business and start showing reviews if it has just launched. In some circumstances, this may take several weeks or even months.
You can also create a few social media profiles on sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, or any combination; all help establish you as a legitimate business in Google’s eyes.
How To Increase Google Reviews
You can increase your Google reviews as a small business proprietor by taking the following steps:
- One of the most straightforward methods to increase your Google reviews is to request reviews from your customers. After delivering an excellent product or service, you should kindly request feedback.
- Make it simple: Facilitate the review process for your clients. Give them a direct link to your Google My Business page or show them how to locate your business on Google so they can leave a review effortlessly.
More on how to get the link is in the next section below.
- Engage with your customers by responding to their evaluations, regardless of whether they are positive or negative. Thank them for their input and address their issues and concerns if any are mentioned.
- Never respond negatively, regardless of who is at fault. Consider that your future customers will observe your responses. If you appear to be the reasonable party in a dispute, your future prospects will respect your professionalism and be more likely to view the complainant as an outlier who is acting unreasonably.
- Provide excellent service: Providing excellent service is the best method to encourage positive reviews. Concentrate on providing an exceptional customer experience; your customers will be more likely to provide positive comments.
Create a Google Review Link
To create a Google review link, look for the “Ask For Reviews” icon found in your Google Profile Manager panel, as shown in the image below, and click on it. Remember you need to be logged into your Google account in Chrome in order for the management panel to be visible.
Once you click on that “Ask For A Review” button, a box will appear with options to share your link via email, WhatsApp, and Facebook. Email works great for sending the link to your customer’s email address.
If they’re an active mobile phone user, copying the link Google provides and sending it via text is a great way to get the link to them using the device they’re more comfortable using.
What happens when your customer clicks on the review link you send them? I’m glad you asked!
They click on the link, and a box will appear in their browser, allowing them to select the star rating, add their comments and even add images!
How To Ask For Google Reviews
Requesting Google evaluations can be a simple and effective method for enhancing your business’s online presence and reputation. Here are some strategies for asking for Google reviews:
1. Inquire face-to-face: When interacting with customers, ask if you did a decent job before requesting a review. If they are grateful, ask if they would be prepared to leave a review for your company.
By first asking if they were satisfied, you increase the likelihood that they will give you a five-star rating. If they reply that they have some doubts, now is the time to address them immediately, which should earn you the five-star rating you desire.
If they respond positively, this is the moment to request a testimonial. If they agree to leave a review, make it simple for them by texting or emailing them a link to the review page. Thus, they will anticipate it.
2. Send follow-up emails: After completing a transaction or providing a service, send a follow-up email to the consumer and request a review.
3. Give precise instructions: Provide explicit instructions on how to leave a review and a link to your business’s Google review page to make it simple for customers to do so. We have provided instructions on locating the review link higher on this page.
Always be courteous and respectful when requesting reviews, and avoid using any language that could be construed as soliciting false or biased reviews.
How To Ask For Google Reviews (Bonus Tip)
When asking the customer to leave a review, it is recommended that you include some simple steps for them to follow.
Ask the customer to mention the location where the service took place (“my home in Seattle”) as a locality can help your businesses rank better in that area.
More importantly, including a keyword or keywords included n the review will help your business rank in Google Maps for your service keyword phrases. For example, if you had a landscaper perform landscaping and install a deck, and a retaining wall, requesting that the customer mention all of these in their review will help your business rank higher in Google Maps when future prospects use those keyword phrases in Google searches.
How To Remove Bad Reviews From Google
You may encounter a negative review on your Google Business Profile that you wish to remove as a business owner. Unfortunately, Google does not permit business owners to delete their own reviews, but you can request the removal of a review that violates Google’s review policies.
These policies contain evaluations that include:
Review doesn’t pertain to an experience at or with this business
Review is from a bot, a fake account, or contains ads and promotions
- Conflict of Interest
Review is from someone affiliated with the business or a competitor’s business
The review contains swear words, has sexually explicit language, or details graphic violence or other illegal activity
- Bullying or Harassment
Review personally attacks a specific individual
- Discrimination or Hate Speech
The review has harmful language about an individual or group based on identity
- Personal Information
Contains personal information such as address or phone number
You may also respond to the review to present your side of the story and demonstrate your dedication to resolving the problem.
You can escalate the review by contacting Google’s support team if the review is not withdrawn. However, it is important to note that you should only request the removal of reviews that contravene Google’s policies and not because they are negative. Negative evaluations can provide constructive criticism and an opportunity to enhance your business.
Here are the steps to take to remove the review in your Google Business Profile Manager control panel.
1. Navigate to your GBP control panel inside of Google by logging into an account with a manager or higher credentials to the GBP listing while in Google Chrome. Then type in your business name into the Google search box and hit enter so your admin panel becomes available.
2. Select Read Reviews from the GBP control panel.
3. Click on the vertical three dots (…) next to the review you want to report to Google, and a drop-down menu will appear with a “Report Review” option.
Click on that.
4. Select the option most closely aligns with the policy violation and click the Send Report button at the bottom. After that, it’s a waiting game to see if Google agrees and, if so, removes the review.
How To Buy Google Reviews
DO NOT EVER BUY GOOGLE REVIEWS! Seriously there are serious consequences to doing this, and any site saying it’s OK to do is misleading you. Paying for fake Google reviews is unnecessary if you have a legitimate, well-run business. Don’t risk your business’s ability to rank in Google’s 3-pack Maps on such shady business practices.
Buying Google reviews is unlawful under FTC and Google standards and can lead to a penalty of up to $43,792 per violation. Google Support states that businesses cannot offer incentives for evaluations. You cannot pay or give customers positive ratings. Google removes concealed purchased reviews immediately. Here is a link to Google’s site to find answers to Google guidelines.
The FTC also requires disclosure of fraudulent and sponsored reviews. Instead of buying reviews, businesses can provide excellent customer service and encourage satisfied clients to submit honest reviews.
Why Google Reviews Are Important?
Throughout this article, we’ve discussed everything from how to get more Google reviews to why buying them is a bad idea. We have yet to investigate why Google reviews are so important for businesses completely.
As online reviews become more prominent in consumer decision-making, business owners must grasp the impact Google reviews can have on their online reputation and bottom line.
This section will discuss the significance of Google reviews and how they might affect your business’s success.
- Improved search ranking: By offering fresh and relevant information, Google reviews assist businesses in improving their search ranking. More reviews indicate to Google that a company is actively engaging with its consumers, which boosts its exposure in search results.
- Increased click-through rates: Google reviews can have a direct impact on local search results’ click-through rates. When a company has a high average rating and a large number of favorable reviews, it is more likely to attract potential consumers’ clicks.
- Increase trust and credibility: Google reviews provide social proof that your company is reliable and credible. Customers are more likely to trust a company that has a high number of good ratings.
- Influence purchase decisions: Positive Google reviews can help a buyer make a purchasing decision. Customers are more inclined to choose a company with positive evaluations over one with no reviews or one with poor ones.
Overall, Google reviews are important for establishing a web presence and acquiring new clients. They impact not only search rankings and click-through rates but also purchasing decisions and building trust and credibility with potential customers.
Local SEO Agency Services
Back40 Design recognizes that having a good web presence is critical to the success of any business, and Google reviews are an important part of that. Reviews are only part of it. It’s also about getting ranked on Google Maps, which is where many potential customers look for local companies.
Our SEO professionals can help your business appear in local search results, create customer trust, and increase sales. Enhance your internet presence today.
Back40 Design’s Local SEO Agency Services & Consulting