The Programming Lead will lead Back40’s team of backend programmers and is responsible for defining and managing team standards and procedures. This position will work alongside team members to create rich web applications which successfully integrate frontend and backend programming following user experience standards and best practices. This position will be involved with advanced programming projects which require tight control between client- and server-side interactions to fully develop a robust application. The Programming Lead, under the direction of a project manager, must effectively communicate to designers, programmers, and system administrators the specific needs as required by the project with special attention paid to the user experience needs of the application.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with programmers to develop client projects.
- Perform upgrades to make programs and systems more secure and efficient.
- Research solutions to coding and performance issues.
- Software/application documentation and testing
- Create appropriate processes and documentation standards within the programming group.
- Translate program development into documentation for Workflow, Training, and Support
- Third party API integration
- Payment gateway integration / eCommerce experience
- Identify and resolve potential vulnerabilities in code
- Manage projects and progress within time estimations to ensure daily operations and planning.
- Manage a team of developers to ensure project goals are met.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or related degree program
- 4-6 years experience as a programmer or relevant role
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of OOP and MVC concepts
- Experience with one or more high-level language(s) such as Java, C#, C++, Swift, etc. is a plus but not required
- Possesses excellent troubleshooting and issue resolution skills
- Experience developing web applications using existing industry standards
- Excellent knowledge of relational database concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage several time-sensitive projects
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Persistent and positive attitude
- Desire to learn, lead and work in a team environment and individually
Please submit a cover letter, resume and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.