Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a designer with the ability to create designs that are innovative and maintain client brand consistency across various mediums including print and digital. You’ll work face to face with clients to learn about their needs and create unique solutions to their problems. In the process, you will be collaborating with other designers, developers, project managers, and account executives. You’ll need the personal initiative to complete projects with minimal supervision, and take design direction as well as come up with your own unique design concepts. You must exhibit strong organization and time management skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
What You Need to Know
- Working knowledge of Sketch
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the “why” of design decisions to clients.
- Collaborate with other designers as needed, and work independently to see a project through to completion.
- We design for clients, not awards. Must be able to interpret client needs and produce results oriented works that serve the end goal. But...we do still like awards. ;)
- Experienced in designing UI/UX for websites and mobile
- Experienced in print and brand identity, designing within existing brand standards and being able to work with other designers to evolve a brand.
- Experience with multiple mediums in print and digital
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Proficient abilities with Adobe CC
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS is a plus but not required
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines, new challenges, and changing priorities
Why You’ll Love Working Here
We’re a designer-owned company that’s been producing award-winning website design and development, custom programming, and marketing projects for 20 years. Our clients are local, regional and national companies that range from established brands to startups. Our office is located on West Covell Road in Edmond within walking distance from the Uptown Market, The Garage, Pepperoni Grill, and Mitch Park.
At Back40 Design, you’ll enjoy a casual, flexible and relaxed work environment with some added benefits: medical, dental, vision, and Simple IRA.
If you enjoy working alongside dependable self-managing professionals - this is the place for you.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.