Graphic Design Intern
We’re looking for a Graphic Design Intern with the ability to create designs that are innovative and maintain client brand consistency across various mediums including print and digital. The Graphic Design Intern will work alongside Back40 team members to provide clients the best product and experience possible. The candidate must exhibit strong organization and time management skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Duties may include (but not limited to) assistance with:
- Creating and maintaining Back40 blog article and social media assets
- Developing internal marketing content and assets for existing client base
- Creating print and branding designs
- Photography for designed materials, social media, and other outlets
- Creating website designs that effectively communicate our client’s brand and purpose
- Researching latest web design and UI/UX trends
- Researching and quoting print options
- Answering client support calls and questions
- Minimum 2nd-year college student in related degree program (design, graphic design, fine arts, etc.)
- Proficient abilities with Adobe CC and related programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Desire to learn, lead and work in both team and individual environments
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Calendar, etc.)
- CMS and/or HTML skills would be helpful but not required
- Great attitude
Candidate must be available to work a minimum of 8 hours per week. You'll get more out of the internship if you spend more consecutive time here. Internship hours will be coordinated to fit the student’s class schedule and meet course credit requirements.
This is an unpaid internship position. Internship hours may be eligible to receive course credit through a university program.
About Back40 Design
Back40 Design is a designer-owned company that’s been producing award-winning graphic design, website design and development, custom programming, and digital marketing projects for 18 years. Our clients are local, regional and national companies that range from established brands to startups. Our office is located on 5th street in Edmond within walking distance from the UCO Jazz Lab, Cafe 501, Stephenson Park, Sprouts, Hideaway Pizza and Skinny Slims.
At Back40 Design, you’ll enjoy a relaxed work environment with talented industry experts. If you enjoy working alongside dependable self-managing professionals and want to learn more about web and print design - this is the place for you.