Front-end Web Developer
Who We’re Looking For
The Front-end Web Developer will be tasked with the creation and cross-browser testing of website template files (HTML and CSS) for use on websites in Back40 Design’s proprietary content management, Javelin. Development is based on the approved website designs for the company’s clients.
The developer will work with a team of designers and backend developers to complete client projects under the direction of a project manager.
- Strong demonstrated experience developing websites using HTML and CSS. Experience with front-end frameworks (specifically Bootstrap) a plus.
- Experience working with one or more CSS preprocessors such as LESS or SASS.
- Experience developing custom WordPress themes.
- Strong understanding of responsive and mobile design patterns.
- Strong grasp and use of HTML5 structural elements, with knowledge of XHTML and XML (specifically SVG).
- Use of Sketch, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to create and manage resources for development.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, contributing input to project management about functionality, usability and coding conventions necessary to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Basic familiarity with PHP scripting language and working inside of the constraints of a content management system.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
We’re a designer-owned company that’s been producing award-winning website design and development, custom programming, and marketing projects for 19 years. Our clients are local, regional and national companies that range from established brands to startups. Our office is located on 5th street in Edmond within walking distance from the UCO Jazz Lab, Cafe 501, Stephenson Park, Sprouts, Hideaway Pizza and Skinny Slims.
At Back40 Design, you’ll enjoy a casual, flexible and relaxed work environment with some added benefits: medical, dental, vision, and Simple IRA.
If you enjoy working alongside dependable self-managing professionals - this is the place for you.