Business Development Representative
We are looking for a high-energy, driven professional who possesses web business understanding, and natural sales instincts to join our organization as a Business Development Representative. This position will be an instrumental part of the Back40 sales team. This role is responsible for researching, identifying and securing new business relationships and sales. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of securing new business sales and will possess a positive attitude, ambition, and passion for helping customers grow their business.
As a Business Development Representative, your job duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel our growth by identifying, soliciting, and securing new clients and projects.
- Build and maintain a full pipeline of sales prospects.
- Create and prioritize strategic target account lists within set locations and industries.
- Advise clients on upgrades, enhancements, and marketing opportunities - including web design, development, pay-per-click and social advertising, branding, and graphic design services.
- Generate revenue to meet/exceed established sales targets.
- Prepare regular reports and status updates on leads and opportunities for company leadership.
- Utilize and maintain internal CRM to track and support sales efforts.
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas
- Work collaboratively with team members to accurately research and quote new business.
- Network and promote a positive, consistent brand image on behalf of the company.
- Stay current on digital trends and best practices according to industry standards and user experience research.
- Minimum of 2 years B2B sales experience; agency, media sales and/or prior digital sales/newspaper advertising experience preferred.
- Excel at networking and relationship building.
- Knowledge of industry best practices as it relates our services, including: user experience, SEO, PPC and social advertising, website design and development, HTML/CSS, databases and website programming, branding, print design, customer service and support.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred.
- Proficient in using G Suite Apps
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to plan and organize, set priorities and multi task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience using and/or willingness to use a CRM or sales tracking software.
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits package, including Simple IRA plan
- Open, collaborative culture and flexible work hours
- Fun, conveniently located office in Edmond, OK
If this sounds like an exciting next step for your career, we’d love to hear from you!
About Back40 Design
We’re a designer-owned company that’s been producing award-winning website design and development, custom programming, and marketing projects for over 18 years. Our clients are local, regional, and national companies that range from established brands to startups. Our office is located on 5th street in Edmond within walking distance from the UCO Jazz Lab, Cafe 501, Stephenson Park, Sprouts, Hideaway Pizza, and Skinny Slims.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.