Backend Developer with LAMP Stack
Who We’re Looking For
This in-office, full-time role will be directly responsible for specifying, writing, testing, and deploying PHP code in an Open Source LAMP environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in high-traffic server environments and have a desire to help the team move forward. The person in this role must possess a strong ability to estimate project hours and execute assigned tasks from inception to final deployment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, implement, and test requirements to achieve new project goals
- Collaborate with team members to complete client projects
- Perform code updates to ensure secure and efficient operations
- Research solutions for coding and performance issues
- Translate program development into documentation for Workflow, Training, and Support
- Manage projects and progress within time estimations to ensure daily operations and planning
Qualifications & Requirements
- Strong understanding of LAMP Stack
- Ability to identify and resolve potential vulnerabilities
- Comfortable within a command line
- Excellent command of modern web browsers
- Desire to continuously learn new languages, platforms, and skills
- PHP: 5+ years
- MySQL: 5+ years
- HTML/CSS: 5+ years
- Laravel Development (Bonus)
- WordPress Development (Bonus)
Why You’ll Love Working Here
We’re a designer-owned company that’s been producing award-winning website design and development, custom programming, and marketing projects for 19 years. Our clients are local, regional and national companies that range from established brands to startups. Our office is located on 5th street in Edmond within walking distance from the UCO Jazz Lab, Cafe 501, Stephenson Park, Sprouts, Hideaway Pizza and Skinny Slims.
At Back40 Design, you’ll enjoy a casual, flexible and relaxed work environment with some added benefits: medical, dental, vision, and Simple IRA.
If you enjoy working alongside dependable self-managing professionals - this is the place for you.