We currently host over 400 client websites. These websites range from small businesses to the Oklahoma City National Memorial; from start-ups to the Oklahoma City Zoo.
We also host dozens of e-commerce websites that process thousands of dollars every day. We understand the importance of up time, security, and customer support.
Many web design firms rely on third-party (or reseller) hosting services to host their customers’ websites. Then they mark-up the cost and pass that on to their clients. We don't do that. We have made the investment to own and maintain our hosting services. Back40 design hosting provides reliable hosting for our clients. That means less downtime, faster page loads, and most importantly, more secure transfer and storage of your data.
Off-Site Data Center
Our servers are located in Texas at an off-site data center. This data center is industry leading as both a data and bandwidth provider. It’s a secure 24-hour staffed facility. We have partnered with this data center for over three years and are a Tier 1 support client, which allows us quick response for any connectivity or hardware issues we may experience. While we utilize this data center and a superior connection to the internet backbone, our in-house programming staff manages our servers, websites, and hosting platforms remotely.
Website hosting System Highlights
- We operate a server cluster of six servers. All servers are managed remotely, entirely by our programmers.
- Our server system has no “single point of failure.” If a crucial piece of hardware or software were to stop functioning properly, a redundant pair would take over its responsibilities immediately.
- We can add and subtract servers from our hosting platform without taking down a single website or interrupting service. If a Back40 client website were to unexpectedly receive large amounts of traffic, we would be able to bring new servers online to meet the traffic demand.
- Our servers create daily, versioned backups of all Javelin CMS websites. These backups are transferred to an alternate secure data-housing facility to ensure that the data cannot be lost due to a geological disaster.
- We serve geographically diverse requests quickly by employing a Content Delivery Network (CDN). Our CDN consists of 21 servers strategically placed at various locations worldwide. These servers can maximize access and service of our customers’ data. Here’s a real world example: A web user in New York City views the Oklahoma City National Memorial website and some of the websites images and video files are transferred from a server in Washington D.C., which is closest serving node to the location of the request.
- Our servers host only Back40 client websites. A typical hosting reseller may host your website along with hundreds of other websites (some of which may be of dubious intent).
- All web page requests are routed through a load balancer allowing only valid requests for data to be accessed and served. Traffic between the load balancer and the server housing your data is encrypted with 256-bit encryption. This level of encryption has been approved by the National Security Agency to protect government information from domestic and foreign terrorists.